- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Sea Mist, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Texture Paint - Glow-in-the-Dark, 4 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lavender, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Calypso Sky, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Tangerine, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Red Light, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Grass Green, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Cobalt Blue, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lemon Custard, 2 oz.
Two 1½” wood disks
One 4” STYROFOAM™ Ball-cut in half
Two 3” STYROFOAM™ Balls-cut in half
Two 2½” STYROFOAM™ Balls-cut in half
14”x20” piece of black foam board
¾” flat brush
White craft glue
- With the pencil, draw a semi circle which will be the sun on black foam board using photo for placement. Paint Sun Tangerine. Wet sponge, dip into Red Light and lightly pounce over Sun. When dry, add some Glow in the Dark Texture Medium with the palette knife in several random areas of the sun.
- Paint one wood disk Sea Mist. This will be Mercury. Paint one wood disk Lavender. This will be Pluto.
- Paint one half of a 2½” Styrofoam ball Calypso Sky. This will be Neptune.
- Paint one half of a 2½” Styrofoam ball Tangerine. This will be Mars.
- Paint one half of a 2½” Styrofoam ball Grass Green. This will be Uranus.
- Paint one half of a 3” Styrofoam ball Cobalt Blue. This will be the Earth.
- Paint 2nd half of a 3” Styrofoam ball Lemon Custard. These will be Saturn and Venus.
- Paint half of the 4” Styrofoam ball Red Light. This will be Jupiter.
- Place dried Saturn on foam sheet and trace shape. Remove Saturn and freehand a ring of foam that will fit around the planet. Cut foam and apply Glow in the Dark Texture Medium. Set aside till dry and then place ring around Saturn before gluing to foam board.
- Using Lemon Custard, Red Light, and Tangerine, add some stripes to Saturn, Jupiter, and Venus.
- Use the palette knife to apply Glow in the Dark Texture Medium to each of the planets.
- When everything is dry, glue planets in place and label.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.