What is the FolkArt® Enamels Clear Medium used for?
FolkArt® Enamels Clear Medium is used to create a transparent look without compromising the paint’s adhesion. It can also be used with the double-load technique to achieve just the right paint consistency for effects such as shadows and shading. FolkArt® Enamels Clear Medium can be used to seal painted areas as well.
How much paint should I add to the FolkArt® Enamels Frost Medium?
Mix one part Frost Medium and one part paint. We recommend that you mix more than you think you will need to ensure color and texture consistency for your entire project.
How can I create a transparent look with FolkArt® Enamels?
FolkArt Enamels dry to a translucent to opaque finish. However, if you’d like to create a more transparent look, combine one part FolkArt Enamels with one part FolkArt Clear Medium. Paint as normal.
Can FolkArt Enamels be thinned with water?
NO. Thinning FolkArt Enamels with water ruins the integrity of the paints and prevents proper adhesion to the surface
Are items painted with FolkArt® Enamels microwavable?
Are FolkArt® Enamels available in the One Stroke colors?
Yes, FolkArt® Enamels are available in One Stroke colors. You will find them with the same names as regular FolkArt®.
How do you apply the FolkArt® Enamels Frost colors?
You can stencil, spounce or brush on. The colors will dry to a matte finish and have the same durability of regular FolkArt Enamels.
How are FolkArt® Enamels used?
- Clean glass or glazed ceramics with alcohol.
- Shake paint before applying.
- Paint design. For best results use Clear Medium over your design to help ensure there is enough paint for the design to properly adhere to your surface. Do not wet paintbrush with water.To change colors while painting, use a paper towel and pull out excess paint.
- Allow paints to air dry cure 21 days before using OR bake cure:
Hand wash project or clean in the top rack of your dishwasher
- To bake, let paint dry one hour, then place project in a cool oven.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake projects for 30 minutes. Turn oven off.
- Allow oven to cool with project in it.
- Do not use in direct contact with food.
- Do not paint within 4/5” of top rim of glasses or mugs.
- Reverse painting on the back of glass plates is recommended if plate is to be used with food.
- Do not apply Clear Medium to the entire surface as streaks may appear. Only apply Clear Medium over your design.
- Items painted are not microwavable.
Are FolkArt® Enamels really dishwasher safe?
Yes, you can wash your painted pieces with FolkArt® Enamels in the dishwasher without chipping, cracking, or fading when cured properly. However, you must remember to place them on the top rack of your dishwasher. In addition, using the Clear Medium over your design will help ensure the longevity of your painting.
How are FolkArt® Enamels different from Apple Barrel Gloss?
FolkArt® Enamels are a unique polymer blend that is specially formulated for use on glass and ceramics. They are highly pigmented for excellent opaque coverage
You can achieve a durable, opaque, glossy sheen with one-step – there is no primer or finish needed. The paints can be mixed and blended, making them perfect for the One Stroke method.
When dried and cured, projects painted with FolkArt® Enamels are top-shelf dishwasher safe! When washed correctly, they will not chip, crack, or fade.