In this week's Fun with Mod Podge, Suzanne and Anna teach how to make your own custom silk screen prints using Mod Podge, an embroidery hoop, and panty hose! This easy craft is an inexpensive way to make your own custom tshirts for kids, adults, family reunions, fraternity & sorority groups, group retreats, and so much more. You won't believe how simple it is using just Mod Podge, an embroidery hoop, and a set of old sturdy panty hose! Check out th video below to see the step-by-step, and for further detail, scroll down to read the full instructions and download your FREE downloadable "I Love Slime" pattern!
- Mod Podge® Gloss, CS11201
- Mod Podge® Silicone Mat, 6289
- Mod Podge® Seven-Piece Tool Kit, 12900
- FolkArt® Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint, Cayman Blue 2953, Citrus Green 2915
- T-shirt and/or Apron
- Embroidery Hoop 6” and 3” diameters
- Ultra-Sheer Hosiery
- Downloadable Art – “I Love Slime” MP_I-love-slime_downloadable_042117.pdf
- Stencil Tape
- Water Basin, Paper Towels
- Print out two copies downloadable art provided and place under the craft mat (or wax paper).
- Sand the embroidery hoops smooth.
- Cut a section of hosiery, gather and slide over the 6” inside hoop. Lay the outer hoop over and tighten the screw slightly. Pull the hosiery taut all around the hoop and then tighten the screw in place. Cut excess hosiery away around the hoop.
- Repeat step three for 3” hoop.
- Lay the hosiery sides directly on the silicone mat (or wax paper) centered over the art. The larger hoop should encompass the entire design and the smaller hoop should lay over only the heart. Tape in the hoops in place.
- Apply the Mod Podge® Gloss wherever you do not want ink to appear. You will cover all of the black areas with the Gloss. Coat generously. Mod Podge® goes on milky white but dries clear. LEAVE ON THE MAT (or wax paper) UNTIL THE HOSIERY IS COMPLETELY DRY.
- Peel off the hoops from the mat. Touch up any small holes that remain. Let dry.
- Place the silicone mat underneath the fabric to receive the silkscreen.
- Tape the larger hoop in place hosiery side against the fabric. Squeeze a generous amount of Cayman Blue paint over the top of the design. Squeegee the paint down the design in even strokes. The excess paint can gather at the bottom of the hoop.
- Carefully remove the hoop and wash immediately with warm water. Let fabric and hoop dry.