Each month we will be doing a Live stream in the Getting Crafty with Mod Podge group. This month we focused on new ways to use Mod Podge Kids Washout formula. Suzanne shares a way to paint fabric using the Washout formula and Fabric Creations Fabric paint.
An easy project to do is the tote bag! To create a tote bag here are the instructions,
Watch the video:
Fabric Paint Resist Tote Instructions
By Suzanne Cook
- Mod Podge® Kids Wash Out
- Tote bag
- Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks
- Mod Podge® Detail Brush
- FolkArt® Paint Brushes
- 10 x10 Cardstock
- Black permanent marker
- Water basin
- Paper towel
1) Wash, dry and iron flat tote bag to prepare for painting.
2) Draw a design on cardstock with a marker.
3) Slide the design inside the bag to use as a guide for painting resist.
4) Pour Mod Podge® Kids Wash Out into bowl mix in small amount of yellow watercolor to tint.
5) Using a detail brush, paint the tinted Mod Podge® over the design lines showing through the bag. Let dry.
6) Paint the bag with Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks. Paint slightly over the resist lines. Let dry for 24 hours.
7) Optional: Rinse in cool water in a sink and remove resist by hand.
8) Wash on a warm/cool cycle and dry on normal setting.
Liked this Fun With Mod Podge video? Watch more, and be sure to subscribe for more DIY tutorials and tips