How to Cure Painted Glass Projects
Glass surfaces painted with FolkArt Enamels or one of Plaid's multi-surface acrylic paints
(Apple Barrel Multi-Surface, Delta Ceramcoat Select, FolkArt Multi-Surface, or Martha Stewart Multi-Surface) must be cured prior to use, either through baking and air-drying. Note also that you MUST use the bake method for items you intend to wash in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Bake Method for Curing Painted Glass Projects
- Allow painted item to dry for 24 hours to be sure all layers of paint have dried.
- Place project in a cool oven, as the glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage; do not place glass in a hot oven.
- Set oven temperature to 350ºF.
- Once temperature has reached 350ºF, allow the project to bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the oven off and let glass cool down completely before removing from the oven.
- Cured surface can be washed 72 hours after baking. While painted surfaces can be safely cleaned in dishwasher, washing by hand in warm soapy water is the best way to extend the life of your project. Not safe for use in microwave.
Air-Dry Method for Curing Painted Glass Projects
Paint is cured to the surface after 21 days; however, air-dried projects are NOT suitable for use in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Shop FolkArt Enamel Glass Paint