Now that Christmas is right around the corner, I've got a Mod Podge formula you might not have heard of but need to try: Mod Podge Extreme Glitter
! As you can imagine, this formula is no joke when it comes to sparkle. Mod Podge Extreme Glitter is bling-y
and perfect for your holiday crafts. This Mod Podge features three types of holographic glitter in an ultra fine size.
If you love Sparkle Mod Podge but want to take the glitter up a notch – this formula is for you. Here are my top five tips for using it!
1. Use Mod Podge Matte or Gloss to decoupage your item and use this formula as a top coat. Although Mod Podge Extreme Glitter can be used to adhere fabric or paper to a surface, the added dimension of the glitter particles may interfere if using thin, lightweight paper. Allow to dry 15–20 minutes before applying a topcoat of Mod Podge Extreme Glitter.
2. Don’t shake the bottle before using. You don’t want to cause bubbles in your Mod Podge! If you haven’t used your bottle in awhile, feel free to stir the bottle with a (clean) brush handle or something similar.
3. Keep in mind the glitter will show up better on dark surfaces. You’ll be able to see it on all surfaces, but it will really pop off of dark surfaces! Try it on a scrap of black paper and you’ll see what I mean. It looks fantastic on green and red (your traditional holiday colors). But of course, you can place it on top of any color you like!
4. Add more coats for more glitter. Try one topcoat of this formula, let dry, then decide if you want to apply again. You can certainly add as many coats as you like! Just keep in mind that many coats will obscure a paper design beneath, including words. So I typically apply my coats one at a time and see what type of glitter mood I’m in! It’s easy to add more; not so easy to take it away.
5. Clean your project with a damp soft cloth. A decoupaged surface using Mod Podge Extreme Glitter should be intended for indoor decorative purposes only as it is not dishwasher or washing machine safe, or safe for outdoor decorations. Never immerse your project in water.
I'd love to hear your tips for using Mod Podge Extreme Glitter in the comments!