Paintbrushes - #1 Liner, #12 Flat, #6 Round
Stencil brush – ¼”and ½”
Pencil, Stretched canvases – 4” x 5”and 11” x 14”, Tape, Music sheet and patriotic printout from computer or scrapbook paper, Card stock, Glue, Bowl or plate slightly larger than circle stencil, Hanging charm frame, Eye hook, Scissors, Paper towels, Foam plates, Brush basin
Get the Pattern
- Base coat large canvas Navy Blue.
- Apply crackle medium over canvas in
an overlapping slip slap technique. Let dry. Apply Baby Blue over crackle
medium in same fashion. Do not paint over areas. Crackling will appear as paint
- Using a very dry stencil brush,
swirl Vintage White randomly over crackled surface to create clouds.
- Trace bowl/plate onto canvas where
circle medallion will be painted. Paint in each circle in colors shown.
- Step 5 Stencil medallion on top of painted
circles referring to photo for colors. Blend Vintage White and Navy Blue for
varying shades. Lay card stock along outer scalloped edge and lightly shade or
highlight for dimension.
- Transfer number pattern to canvas
and paint Black Cherry. Add any shading to shapes with liner brush.
- Transfer and cut out letters. Use
stencil brush to shade edges of letters with Antique Copper. Apply to canvas
with Mod Podge referring to bottle for application directions. Apply Mod Podge
to entire surface.
- Transfer scroll design and paint
using metallic colors. Blend paint to shade and highlight.
- Tape off approximately two thirds of
smaller canvas and paint Navy Blue. When dry, tape off bottom third and paint
- Step 10 Tape off stripes on Vintage White
and paint Black Cherry.
- Transfer star pattern to blue field
and use metallic colors to paint. Shade and highlight sections by blending
- Tear “America the Beautiful” title from
sheet music and Mod Podge to stripes.
- Cut out patriotic image and Mod
Podge to charm frame. When dry, apply Dimensional Magic over image and let dry.
- Insert eye hook into center of
bottom of small canvas. Attach charm. Glue small canvas to large canvas.