Blue apron, Painters tape, Wax paper, Stencil1 Nautical Stencil Set
- Wash the apron to be stenciled first to remove sizing.
- Cover your work surface in wax paper to protect from possible bleed through.
- Tape the rope stencil in place at the top of the apron.
- Dip your brush into the white paint and swizzle it around on a separate section of the plate. Blot off the excess paint on a paper towel and begin applying the paint over top the stencil.
- Repeat at the bottom of the apron to make a border.
- Tape the anchor into place on the top center of the apron.
- Stencil a layer of white and leave to dry. Do not remove the stencil.
- Add a second coat of red paint to the stencil. By stenciling white first, the red will really show up!
- Remove stencil and set aside to dry.