Wooden sign, Liner brush, 3/4” flat brush, 1/4” flat brush, Black wire, 3” wooden stars, 3 small eye screws, Twine, Drill, Small drill bit, Needle nose pliers
Get the Pattern
- Basecoat the entire sign with Perfect Purple. Paint the stars with Lemon Custard. Let dry.
- Paint the frame Licorice. Dry brush the sign using Licorice. Apply more to the corners and along the edges. Turn the frame upside down. Using the liner brush and Licorice, paint the spider web starting at the upper right corner. Allow to dry.
- Transfer the witch hat and spider patterns to the sign, and paint with Licorice.
- Once the hat and spider are dry, add the spider’s face using the Wicker White. Paint the hat band with Perfect Purple. When dry, use the ¼” brush to add Licorice stripes and the liner brush for Lemon Custard stripes. Add Perfect Purple stripes using the 1/4” flat brush.
- Add the Lemon Custard star to the hat by using the paper stencil. Allow to dry. Dry brush the outside of the star with Licorice. Highlight the inside of the star by dry brushing Wicker White. Add two Licorice dots to the center of the star to form a button. Repeat this step for each star.
- Highlight the hat, frame and hat band by dry brushing Wicker White.
- Highlight the spider and its legs with Wicker White using the liner brush.
- Using the pattern provided, write “eek” in Wicker White with the liner brush.
- Using the paper stencil, add “beware.” Using the liner brush, add Licorice stitching to the stars and “beware.” Using the liner brush, add stitching to the hat, hat band, spider and frame.
- Drill holes through the top of the wooden stars. Screw the eye screws into the bottom of the sign. You may need to drill a small pilot hole.
- Cut 3 pieces of wire. Place the wire through the stars. Twist one end of wire using the needle nose pliers to hold the star on the wire. Bend the wire upward. Insert the other end through the eye screw, bend and then make a swirl using the pliers. This should hold it on the eye screw.
- Add hangers to the top of the sign. Cut twine to desired length and tie to the hangers.