Delta soy paint - black, Wood birds, 2- 5”x3 ½”x 1 ¾” block of wood, E600 glue, Candle, Circle stencil, Transfer paper, Pencil, Sandpaper
1. Basecoat the birds with Cocoa. When dry, rub the edge of a candle on the bird where you want it to look distressed. Paint the birds with White Onion.
2. Sand the wooden blocks. Paint the blocks with Curry. Stencil the polka dots with White Onion.
3. Trace the heart wings onto the bird as shown and paint with Blueberry.
4. Trace the earth onto the hearts and paint with Cucumber.
5. Outline the hearts wings and earth with Black Onyx. With Black Onyx and the end of a brush handle, add a dot for the eye.
6. Lightly sand the edges where the candle was rubbed.
7. Glue the birds to the painted blocks.