Hot Glue Gun Helpers, Wood birdhouse, Loose bristle paintbrush, Narrow round paintbrush, Scrapbook paper, Scissors, Paper punches
Hot Glue, Moss, Small bird, Flowers, Rhinestone and pearls
1. Begin by rustic painting the entire birdhouse Orchid Blossom. Use a semi-dry brush and don’t worry about filling in all the areas.
2. Using a detail paintbrush, paint the rim of the house with Spanish Olive paint. Add details with the Aqua paint. Paint stripes, dots or highlights.
3. Add a wash to the entire house by blending a drop of the ivory white paint with a teaspoon of blending gel. With a loose bristle brush, tap the paint mixture on the entire house highlighting areas.
4. Cut scrapbook paper into the strips that will fit on the roof. Using the same paper, punch decorative shapes of paper.
5. Apply a coat of Mod Podge on the back of the paper strips, place the strips onto the roof, press the strips with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Topcoat with an additional layer of Mod Podge. Attach paper punched flower shapes to the front of the birdhouse in the same fashion as the roof stripes.
6. Add a glitter highlights to the birdhouse by painting extreme glitter to the roof, rims and other areas of interest.
7. Using hot glue and Hot Glue Gun Helpers, glue moss around the hole in the birdhouse. Attach other embellishments (flowers, pearls, birds and rhinestones) with hot glue.