FolkArt ® Painted Finish Kit - Concrete #5067, FolkArt ® Painted Finishes - Brush Set, 3 pc. #5080, Wood-carved Buddha mask, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plates, Paper towels
- Pour a small amount of both Light and Dark Concrete onto a foam plate.
- Wipe wood carved mask with a damp paper towel to remove dust or dirt.
- Load a Shortie Brush with Light Concrete. Using a dabbing motion to create texture, apply a medium-to-thick application of Light Concrete to the carved Buddha mask.
- Create additional interest to the painted concrete by applying Dark Concrete randomly in shadow areas using the same dabbing motion while the Light Concrete is still wet on the surface.
- To enhance the illusion of concrete, wet the Shortie Brush with water, then dab the wet brush onto desired areas of the Buddha mask to create a drip or run of color. Allow to dry.
- To make the drips on the painted concrete look more realistic, hold the Buddha head vertical when applying extra water. When dry, these drips will look naturally weathered because they fell vertically across the face.
- Painted Finishes Concrete is safe to use on outdoor decorations, embellish plastic flower pots, planters, and garden art creating the illusion of concrete!