16” square pillow with pattern, 1/2 yd. solid fabric, 2 yds. satin ribbon, 2 yds. decorative trim, Marker or pen, Scissors, Flat nylon paint brush, Sewing needle, Thread, Seam ripper
Get the Pattern
- Rip seam on one edge of pillow; remove stuffing and set aside.
- Using paintbrush, coat back of solid fabric with Fabric Mod Podge. Let dry completely.
- Cut butterfly pattern piece from paper then pin to back of solid fabric; trace butterfly shape then cut along pattern line to make a solid butterfly appliqué.
- Apply Fabric Mod Podge to the back of the butterfly cut out; position in the center of printed pillow front and smooth.
- Cut ribbon strips to fit around pillow edges in each direction. Lightly apply Fabric Mod Podge to back of ribbon then place on pillow front and smooth. Let dry then repeat with the decorative trim. Let dry completely.
- Insert pillow stuffing then hand stitch pillow edge to close.