Unfinished wood toy chest sanded smooth, Foam paintbrush, Stencil brush, Flat paintbrush, Pencil, Ruler, Stencil tape
- Paint top of toy chest with 2 coats of Sterling Blue, drying between coats.
- Practice stenciling name desired on scrap of paper. Measure.
- Tape a box shape centered on the front lid that measures 2” high X width of name plus 1½”. Paint box with Real Brown. Remove tape. Let dry.
- Paint handle with Real Brown.
- Put a pencil line in box to keep bottom of letters straight.
- Tape “test” name above the box as reference. Stencil letters of name with Medium Orange letting each letter dry before stenciling the next.
- Paint Medium Orange stripe in middle of brown handle.
- Trace random moons and stars over the blue area using Metallic Gold.
- Paint Tangerine over entire bottom of the toy chest 2–3 coats, drying in between coats. let dry.
- Apply 1-2 coats of Mod Podge Clear Chalkboard topcoat, drying in between coats.
- Cure for 24 hours. Lightly rub chalk over surface to condition.