FolkArt ® Handmade Charlotte™ Peel & Stick Painting Stencils - Garden, Ashland™ clay pots 2” and 3”, Floracraft® foam balls 2” - 1 ½” – 1”, Scissors, Wire, Wire cutters, Twine, Dowel rods 1/8”, Small wooden beads, Hot glue gun or craft glue, Flat brush ¼”, Stencil brush 1/8”, Liner brush #1, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam plates
- Paint outside of clay pots Pink. Paint inside Licorice.
- Using smallest flower elements from adhesive stencil, apply to one side of pots as shown in Licorice to create lady bug spots. Let dry
- Apply several coats of Hologram to entire pot.
- Paint foam balls Licorice and let dry.
- Lightly stencil Pink onto balls for cheeks. Create eyes by dipping opposite end of paint brush in Licorice and apply dots. Let dry, repeat making dots with Wicker White. Let dry then add a small dot of Licorice to finish eye. Paint smile with liner brush.
- Cut lengths of wire and curl at ends. Insert into heads with glue or hot glue.
- For hanging lady bugs, before attaching head, cut a length of twine and thread one end through wood bead. Secure with knot. Thread other end through hole inside pot. Secure bead with glue. Thread other end through a second bead. Slide bead up twine until it reaches about middle of pot. Secure with glue.
- Hot glue or glue head to end of pot.
- For standing lady bugs, cut four lengths of dowel rod, making sure two of them are shorter. Paint Licorice.
- Cut two 1” foam balls in half and paint Pink. Glue or hot glue two to rim off pot and two at small end of pot. Insert longer lengths of dowel rods into foam at small end of pot. Glue smaller lengths into foam on rim.
Tip: Personalize lady bugs with a name for party favors.