6” jumbo clothes pin, 2 2-1/4” wood hearts, 1-1/2” wood disc, 2 7/8” wood egg half, 3/4” wood star, Black fine line permanent marker, 2-1/2- x 3-1/2-inch wide gathered lace, 3” gold tinsel chenille stem, 5” white chiffon ¼” ribbon, Hot glue gun and glue sticks, Nos. 4 and 8 flat shader brushes, No. 4 fabric round scrubber brush, No. 4 round brush, No. 10/0 liner brush, Stylus, Palette knife, Palette paper or foam plate, Paper towels, Water basin
Note: Use flat shader brush for base coating and painting most areas. The round, scrubber, and liner brush will be specified when to be used.
- Basecoat (may take 3-4 coats) clothespin, hearts, and egg halves Metallic Pearl White. Let dry between coats.
- Basecoat star Silver Anniversary on the front and Pure Black on sides.
- Mix together Metallic Pearl White and a touch of Metallic Rose to achieve a soft pink. Paint half of each egg half (hands) and flat wooden disc (face).
- Using round brush, paint teardrop shapes Metallic Blue Pearl for each eye. When dry, outline with fine line marker and add eyelashes.
- Using scrubber, dip into Metallic Rose. Scrub out most of paint onto paper towel. Rub into cheek area.
- Using round brush, paint a Pure Black oval for mouth. Using liner brush, add a white line to the right side of the interior area.
- Using stylus, dip into Metallic Pearl White. Add a dot into each eye and one above each painted cheek area.
- Using fine line marker, add eyebrows, nose (upside down U), and a small curved line at bottom base of mouth (refer to photo).
- Using liner brush, add a wavy line across Metallic Pearl White area (cuff area).
- Using fine line marker, add “Joy”.
- Using No. 8 flat brush, dip into water and lay brush flat on paper towel until the shine disappears. You will want some moisture in the brush. Dip one corner of the brush into Metallic Rose. Lay paint loaded corner along edge of heart. Push down on bristles and pull toward you. The paint will fade from dark to light to no paint.
- Using stylus, add Metallic Rose dots around each heart.
- Using stylus, add Silver Anniversary dots in a triangle randomly on each heart.
- Glue face/disc to top of clothespin.
- Using palette knife, apply texture paint for hair.
- Tie a bow with ribbon and glue under chin.
- Form halo at one end of chenille stem and glue remaining stem to back of head area.
- Glue star under bow/chin.
- Glue gathered lace on for skirt.
- Glue on egg halves for hands under star.
- Glue hearts onto backside for wings. Clip clothespin onto tree branch.