Project pattern, ¼” and ½” Stencil brushes, 1 ¼” and 1 ¾” Foam Spouncers, 1” Flat brush, Tape, Scissors, Pencil, Pink animal print fabric, Large square glass plate
- *All painting and Mod Podge is done on underside of plate.
- On the back of plate, tape off one inch border along inside square. Stencil animal print border as shown centered within taped border. Let dry at least two hours.
- Spouncer paint over animal print border and remove tape before paint dries.
- Stencil the word "cocktails" on underside of all four edges of plate. You’ll have to flip stencil and carefully tape down. Immediately wash paint off to prevent sticking to adhesive side. Create dots using opposite end of brush. Let dry.
- Tape off rectangular area around type and apply paint with Spouncer. Remove tape quickly.
- Stencil animal print border between word blocks as shown.
- Trace inside square of plate onto fabric. Apply Mod Podge over pencil line and cut out square when dry.
- Following bottle instructions, Mod Podge fabric to back of plate.
Finishing Touches –
Get the Pattern
- Sign your name if desired and allow drying.
- To cure the paint follow either the Bake Method or the Air Dry Method:
- Bake Method of Curing FolkArt Enamels: Allow your piece to dry for one hour to be sure all layers of paint have dried. Place the piece in a cool oven. Set the oven temperature to 350ºF and bake for thirty minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After thirty minutes, turn the oven off. Let glass cool completely in oven. Do not use for seventy-two hours.
- Air Dry Method for Curing FolkArt Enamels: Air Dry the project for twenty-one days before using.