Mod Podge ® Mod Melts - White, #24887, Mod Podge ® Mod Molds - Ornaments, #24890, Mod Podge ® Podgeable Papers - Paris, Mod Podge ® Podgeable Papers - Maps/Sheet Music/Book Print, Wood Box, Wood Collage Frame, Paintbrush, Scissors, Photocopy of family photos and mementos, High temp hot glue gun, Paintbrush, Loose bristle paintbrush, Wood letters DAD, Hot Glue, Scrapbooking embellishments
1. Create a background for the frame openings by trimming the papers to fit the back of the frame openings. Working with one paper at a time, apply a coat of Mod Podge to the back of the papers. Position the papers into the frame openings. Smooth the paper with the squeegee or your fingers. Allow to dry for 15 min. Once dry, top-coat with a thin layer of Mod Podge. Do this for each frame opening.
2. Repeat step 1 with a photocopies of a family photos and mementos. Trim the photos into random shapes and overlap them to add interest to the design. Apply them to the frame openings over the background papers.
3. Heat a Mod Melt stick in a high-temp glue gun. Squeeze the heated melt stick into the square ornament mold. Allow to cool for 7 min. Pop out the Mod Melt from the mold. Paint with a coat of Vintage White paint. Allow to dry and top-coat with a dry-brush of Metallic Antique Copper (a loose bristle brush is good for this). Repeat this step making as many Mod Melts as you like.
4. Paint the wood letters with a coat of Vintage White paint. Allow to dry and top-coat with a dry-brush of Metallic Antique Copper (a loose bristle brush is good for this). Allow to dry.
5. Embellish the design by hot gluing the DAD letters, Mod Melts and the scrapbooking embellishments to the frame.
PROJECT TIP: Add an antique wash by mixing a tiny amount of the Metallic Antique Copper paint with Mod Podge. Apply the mixed Mod Podge over the top of the papers and photos.