Wood birdhouse, Wood candlestick, Hot glue, Burlap, Buttons, Masking tape, Twine, Petroleum jelly, sandpaper.
1. Basecoat the birdhouse and candlestick with Cocoa. Apply petroleum jelly to the edges and anywhere you want to distress.
2. Paint the roof, base, and candlestick with White Onion. Basecoat the body of the birdhouses with Tangerine as shown.
3. Paint the body of the birdhouses with Tangerine as shown.
4. Hot glue the birdhouse to the candlestick. Sand to create a distressed look.
5. Tape off a 2 ¼” band around the center of the larger birdhouse. Paint with Cocoa. When dry add polka dots using the end of a brush handle and White Onion
6. Stencil the words “Bird Motel” on the roof in Cocoa. Stencil the leaves in Foliage as shown.
7. Stencil birds on the burlap using Turquoise mixed with White Onion. Stencil just a wing in Tangerine. Cut the birds out and the additional wing and hot glue to the birdhouse. Add a button to the wing.
8. Stencil the letters for “OPEN” on the burlap and cut into small flags. Hot glue the flags to the twine and then hot glue to the birdhouse as shown.