Mod Podge Tracing Template - Basic Shapes, Papier-mâché recipe box (house shape), Foam paintbrush, Scrapbook paper, Scissors, Hot Glue, Zipper trim
- Apply a coat of Crackle Medium to the entire outside of the house box. Allow to dry 3 hours.
- Working in one direction, apply Baby Pink paint over the dried crackle finish. The paint will begin to crackle as it dries.
- Cut scrapbook paper to fit the different sides and shapes on the house box. Apply the paper to the box with Mod Podge. Do this by applying Mod Podge to the box with a foam paintbrush. Next, apply Mod Podge to the back of the paper. Position the paper onto the box. Smooth with a brayer or your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Wait 15 minutes and top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge.
- Make the Flower: Mod Podge a circle of paper to the back of a Mod Podge Designer Shape Circle. Cut zipper trim into six 4” pieces. Hot glue the ends of each zipper piece into a loop shape to form a petal. Repeat with the remaining 5 zipper pieces. Hot glue the zipper petals to the back of the Podgeable Circle. Hot glue the zipper flower to the front of the box.
- Hot glue zipper trim across the top of the roof and around the base of the roof.
: Be sure to only paint in one direction when apply the top-coat of paint for the crackle finish technique. This way your design will crack evenly and you will not paint over cracked areas.