Glass apothecary jar with lid 18” tall, Tape, Flat brush ½”, Liner brush #1, JuteScissors, Glue, Craft knife, Rubbing alcohol, Water basin, Foam plates, Paper towels
- Wash jar with mild soap and water. Dry and wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
- Tape off knob on lid, approximately two inches from top of jar and three inches from bottom.
- Paint taped off areas and lid with Java. Apply several coats allowing drying time in between.
- Apply crackle medium in a slip slap pattern over Java. Let dry thoroughly referring to bottle instructions.
- In same slip slap pattern, apply Bavarian over crackle medium. Do not paint over any areas already painted. Paint will crack as it dries.
- Use craft knife to score along tape before removing to prevent paint pulling up.
- Paint knob with Coffee Latte. Allow to dry before painting bottom part of knob Bark Brown creating an acorn.
- Paint lines on an angle around lid of acorn with liner brush and 14K Gold. Repeat in the opposite direction.
- Cut a length of jute and wrap around bottom of knob. Secure with glue.