- Mod Podge Mod Melts, White #24887
- Mod Podge Mod Mold, Flowers #24889
- Day of the Dead fabric
- Foam paintbrush
- 3 Glass candles
- Gem glue
- E6000 glue
- Hot glue 3 Glass candle holders
- Rubbing alcohol
- Med flat paintbrush
- Cut a skull motifs from the fabric. We used 4 skulls for each candle. Coat the back of the fabric with Mod Podge Fabric, position onto the candle and smooth with your fingers. Topcoat with more Mod Podge. Glue gems to the eyes.
- Create a cluster of Mod Melt flowers and leaves by heating a Mod Melt stick in a high temp glue gun, fill a mold with the Mod Melt, allow to cool, remove from the mold and paint with FolkArt paint. Top-coat the Mod Melts with Mod Podge Hardcoat. Glue gems to the center where you wish. Glue to the glass candle with E6000 glue.
- Hot glue trim around the neck of the candle.
- Clean the glass candleholders with alcohol. This helps the paint stick. Paint the center section of each glass stem with a different color of Folkart Enamels paint. Allow to dry per the bottle instructions.
Tip: This same technique can be used for any holiday, just choose a holiday themed fabric and match your paint colors to the fabric.