- Mod Podge Mod Melts, White #24887
- Mod Podge Mod Mold, Flowers #24889
- Glass cheese plate
- Foam paintbrush
- Day of the Dead fabric
- Detail paintbrush
- Hot glue
- Cut the fabric so that it is slightly larger than the place size.
- Coat the back of the plate with a thick coat of fabric Mod Podge. Position the fabric (right-side towards the Mod Podge) onto the back of the plate. Smooth with your fingers. Coat the back of the fabric on the plate with a layer of Fabric Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Use scissors to trim the excess fabric from around the edges.
- Hand wash by wiping the top with a wet cloth. Don’t submerge in water. To remove the fabric and make a different design, soak the plate overnight in soapy water.
Tip: This same technique can be used for any holiday, just choose a holiday themed fabric and match your paint colors to the fabric.
- Cut a skull motifs from the fabric. We used 8 skulls for around the edge and 4 for the center. Coat the back of the fabric with Mod Podge Fabric, position onto the placemat and smooth with your fingers. Topcoat with more Mod Podge.
- Add glitter dots by pooling Mod Podge extreme glitter in random areas.
- Create 8 Mod Melt flowers by heating a Mod Melt stick in a high temp glue gun, fill a mold with the Mod Melt, allow to cool, remove from the mold and paint with FolkArt paint. Top-coat the Mod Melts with Mod Podge Hardcoat. Add glitter with Mod Podge extreme glitter.
- Hot glue the flowers around the placemat in between the skulls.