Apple Barrel ® Colors - Sandstone, 2 oz. - 20575, Plaid ® Wood Surfaces - Unpainted Layered Shapes - Flower, 8 Petal - 97092 (3 pcs), Oatmeal container, Cardboard box, Twine, Scissors, Craft knife, Hot glue, 3/4" flat brush, Stencil brush, Sandpaper, 1/4" dowel
- Cut two circles and three leaves from cardboard box. The circles are about 2" wider than the oatmeal container leaving an inch around the oatmeal container. Cut a 1-3/4" circle in the center of one of the circles. Hot glue the circles to the top and bottom of the oatmeal container. Basecoat spool and leaves Sandstone. Allow to dry.
- Wrap the oatmeal container with twine. Cut a slit in the top of the spool on the side to pull the twine thru just like a real spoon of thread. Dry brush Nutmeg around the edges of the spool, around the top and bottom of twine and leaves.
- Stencil flowers on twine in Black. Allow to dry.
- Paint the wooden flowers with Regency Blue, Lime Sherbet and Pale Daffodil. Allow to dry. Dry-brush Nutmeg around the edges of flowers. Swirl twine in the center of each flower hot gluing as you go.
- Use the craft knife to score the wooden dowels at desired lenghts. Snap apart and sand the rough edges. Hot glue to the back of each flower.
- Add veins with hot glue to the leaves with twine and glue leaves to the stems of flowers.
- Cut three holes in the top of oatmeal container through the top center opening and insert the flowers. Hot glue in place.