Concrete squirrel statuary (or animal of choice), Distilled white vinegar, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plates, Paper towels
- Prepare concrete statuary – coat with distilled white vinegar (to neutralize lime), allow to air dry, rinse and then let dry thoroughly. This will promote better paint adhesion when applying FolkArt Painted Finishes Moss.
- Pour a small amount of Dark Moss onto a foam plate then load the Shortie Brush.
- Using a dabbing motion, generously apply the Dark Moss randomly over the cement squirrel creating patches of dense moss. Let dry.
- Next, add Light Moss to the foam plate. Load the Shortie Brush with Light Moss and apply it in smaller areas over the Dark Moss which will create interest and highlights. Continue using the same dabbing motion to apply the moss painted finish with texture. Let dry.
- Allowing Dark Moss to thoroughly dry before applying Light Moss rather than blending wet-on-wet, will assist in creating a definite distinction between colors.
- If you prefer a more blended look between Dark and Light Moss, do not allow the first color to dry before adding the second. Working wet-on-wet will allow you to achieve a soft blended moss effect.