Clear glass ornaments, Painters tape, Waxed paper, Paper towels, Foam block, Craft sticks, Rubbing alcohol
- Remove the ornament cap and prepare each clear glass ornament before marbling by washing it in warm, soapy water. Rinse well and allow to dry. Next, wipe the exterior of each ornament with a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol which will ensure that the surface is thoroughly clean and free of any soap residue.
- Protect your work surface by placing a sheet of waxed paper over it.
- Carefully insert a craft stick inside each glass ornament and wrap the stick and neck of the ornament with painters tape to create a handle.
- Using the Direct Pour Technique, squeeze a small amount of White onto the glass ornament while holding onto the Popsicle stick handle and keeping it over the waxed paper. Working quickly and while still wet, squeeze a small amount of Blue and any other desired FolkArt Marbling color onto the ornament. Gently tilt the ornament from side to side to allow the paint to slightly swirl, creating marbleized patterns.
- When the entire surface is covered, carefully set the handle into a foam block to allow excess paint to drip and then allow the ornament to dry without touching a surface. Marbling paint will dry within 24 hours and will be cured within 48 hours.
- Once cured, spray the painted surface with FolkArt Clear Acrylic Sealer.
: FolkArt Marbling is not dishwasher-safe; all glazed ceramic or glass surfaces should be kept for decorative purposes only.