FolkArt ® Painted Finish Kit - Rust #5066, FolkArt ® Painted Finishes - Brush Set, 3 pc. #5080, Metal milk pail, Brush Basin or container of water, Foam plate, Paper towels, Distilled white vinegar
- Prepare metal by washing the new metal surface in warm, soapy water; allow to thoroughly dry. Moisten a paper towel or soft cloth with distilled white vinegar and wipe over surface then allow to dry. This will promote better paint adhesion when applying FolkArt Painted Finishes Rust.
- Pour a small amount Dark Rust onto a foam plate and load the Shortie Brush with a generous amount.
- Apply Dark Rust to the edges of the metal milk pail using a dabbing motion to create texture. Continue applying Dark Rust in areas that would naturally rust with time. Let dry completely.
- Add Light Rust to the foam plate and apply it over Dark Rust in strategic areas as a highlight.
- While Light Rust is still wet, lightly spray with water while holding project upright. The water will move the Light Rust creating the illusion of a rusted drip. Allow to dry.
- If you don't have a mist spray bottle, simply wet the Shortie Brush with water and touch the wet FolkArt Painted Finishes Rust paint by dabbing the surface. The extra water on the brush will moisten the paint enough to create drips.
- FolkArt Painted Finishes can be used on decorative surfaces both indoors and outdoors such as rust painted metal planters filled with succulents.