FolkArt ® Painted Finish Kit - Rust #5066, FolkArt ® Painted Finishes - Brush Set, 3 pc. #5080, Wood anchor wall art, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plate, Paper towels, ¾" Flat brush
- Prepare the wood anchor by basecoating it FolkArt Multi-Surface Medium Gray using a ¾" flat brush. Allow to dry and if necessary, reapply a second coat for opaque coverage.
- Pour a small amount of both Light and Dark Rust onto a foam plate.
- Load the Shortie brush with Dark Rust and begin randomly dabbing it onto areas of the anchor that would naturally rust. Apply a medium-to-thick texture of rust.
- While the Dark Rust is wet, immediately add Light Rust to your Shortie Brush and paint highlights onto the rust painted areas.
- To enhance the aged look of the rust, hold your anchor upright, load the Shortie Brush with water and dab onto some of the rust painted areas while still wet. The excess water will allow the painted rust to drip creating a naturally aged illusion of real rust worn with time. Allow to dry.
- Taking time to basecoat the anchor gray prior to painting FolkArt Painted Finishes Rust will provide the look of aged metal.
- If a painted rust area is not dripping enough when water is added, add more water to your Shortie Brush and dab again.