Free Paint By Number download (printed on quality cardstock), Square wood tray, Clock movement kit, Clock hands, Flat brush ½”, White spraypaint, Wax paper, Squeegee, Tracing paper and pencil, Ruler, Electric drill and 3/8” drill bit, One AA battery, Scissors or craft knife, Water basin, Paper towels
Get the Pattern
- Enlarge the free downloadable pattern if needed to be larger than the bottom of the tray. Remember to copy on good quality cardstock.
- Fill in the colors of the paint by number using the smallest liner brush.
- Spray the gold hands and any parts that will show on the outside of the tray with white spray paint. Let dry.
- Find center on the tray by drawing a line from one corner to another diagonally on the bottom of the tray. Draw a second line from the opposite corner to corner. Where they intersect is center.
- Drill a hole in the center of the tray.
- Make a tracing of the inside bottom of the tray. This is your template to cut the painted leaves.
- Place the tracing over your paint by number and carefully cut out.
- Apply Mod Podge to the inside bottom of the tray. Place painted leaves inside the tray, cover with wax paper and smooth with squeegee to remove any bubbles. Let dry.
- Use the pencil to carefully punch a hole in the center of the tray where the clock shaft will come through. Punch from inside out to prevent any raw edges showing.
- Insert clock mechanism and place clock parts in order referring to packaging instructions.
- Insert battery to start the clock.