Papier-mâché cone, Halloween scrapbook paper, Pencil, Scissors, Foam paintbrush, Stiff black felt, Orange trim, Glitter spiders, Headband
- Wrap the scrapbook paper around the cone. Use a pencil to mark cutting lines. Cut the paper to fit around the cone.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the cone and to the back of the cut paper. Position the paper around the cone. Smooth with your fingers to remove any air-bubbles. Apply a top-coat of Glo-Away to the cone. Apply more top-coats for a deeper glow effect.
- Cut a circle from stiff felt. The circle shape will be the brim of the hat. Using the Mod Melter, attach the cone to the center of the hat.
- Attach the orange trim around the edge of the brim and the base of the cone.
- Attach a few spiders to the hat.
- Glue the hat to a headband. Cut a rectangle shape from the stiff felt. Flip the headband over. Glue the rectangle across the headband and onto the circle. This will help secure the hat.
The papier-mâché cones come in a variety of sizes so you can make mini or oversized witch hats.