Wood box or cigar box, Wood Christmas tree cutout, Chipboard or other thin cardboard, Scrapbook paper (1 to 2 pieces of red with design; 1 piece of red; green; black; and gold striped; 1 piece black patterned with words; 1 piece green patterned), Red ribbon (1 inch, ½ inch), Small red embellishment for top of tree, Black distress ink, Hole punch, Hot Glue, Sandpaper
- Remove hinges from box; set aside.
- Cut an oval shape from chipboard (Use Christmas tree to as a guide; shape should be approx. an inch wider than tree).
- Paint inside of box and edges with Christmas Red.
- Paint edge of oval shape with Licorice.
- Paint edge of Christmas tree with Fresh Foliage.
- Cut paper to appropriate size of box. Red patterned paper for top and sides, striped paper for edges of lid.
- Use Mod Podge to glue paper to box. Set aside to dry.
- Trace tree onto back of green pattered paper; cut out. Trace oval shape onto back of black patterned paper; cut out.
- Use Mod Podge to glue paper to tree and oval shape. Set aside to dry.
- Sand off any excess paper from edges of box, tree, and oval shape with sandpaper (Sand in one downward direction until paper falls off and edges are smooth).
- Ink all edges with black distressing ink.
- Give box, tree, and oval shape a coat of Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Replace hinges on box.
- Punch holes approx. ¾ inch apart around oval shape. Thread ½ inch ribbon through holes and tie into a box at top.
- Make a bow with 1 inch ribbon.
- Use hot glue to attach bow to front of box, oval to top center of box, and Christmas tree to center of oval.
- Add embellishment to top of tree.