Downloadable art "Mod Melt Fairy House Tracing", Wooden birdhouse (perch removed), 30 small craft sticks, Pack of 6 wooden spokes (1 ¼" length), 2" wood dowels, 2.5 yards of jute, Decorative paper in designs of (2) burlap; (3) barn wood; floral; solid black, 1 Sheet of brown and green tissue papers, Tiny paper flower blossoms, Small tree stick for chimney, Moss sheet 12" round, Styrofoam 9" round, Floral wire, 11" diameter terracotta pot dish, 8" diameter terracotta pot, Decorative resin fairy, Craft knife, Scissors, Ruler, Water basin, Paper towels
Mod Melt Decorative Pieces
- Print the downloadable art Fairy House Icons. Place the art underneath the Silicone Craft Mat. Using the Mod Melter with Milk Glass White, trace the designs with glue. Let dry and peel off the mat. For the door, fill in the entire shape with the Mod Melt. Repeat the designs if you desire.
- Mod Melt a thin dowel on the backs of the Ferns with 1" hanging off the bottom. You will use these to stick into your Styrofoam base.
- Paint all of the items with several coats of acrylic paint. Let dry.
- For the thatch roof, cut the burlap patterned decorative paper in slightly curved strips 1 ½"W x 3 ½"L. Fringe one side of each piece with scissors. Ultra Matte glue each strip to the roof - one row of strips slightly overlapping the next. Mod Melt a small tree stick to the roof for a chimney.
- Paint the bottom edge of the house in Bark Brown. Let dry. Create "stones" by Mod Melting a Milk Glass White pattern directly on the painted base. Let dry. Paint stones in Copper.
- Cut a piece of barn wood decorative paper to fit the house body. Cut out the circle opening. Ultra Matte, glue the paper in place.
- Cut black paper and paper floral curtains for each window. Ultra Matte glue the papers together. Mod Melt the papers to the back of the windows in Sea Glass Clear.
- Mod Melt the door, knob, windows, vines and flowers in place in Sea Glass Clear.
- Paint the wooden spokes Titanium White with Apple Red tops. Let dry. Paint small red dots in white. Let dry.
Barn Wood Fence and Ladder
- Cover the craft sticks with a barn wood pattern paper on both sides with Ultra Matte. Let dry then trim.
- Cut the sticks 1 ½" long from each end using scissors. These will make up the fence planks. The left over straight pieces will be used for the ladder.
- Align the fence planks along a ruler. Space each plank slightly apart. Lay a long piece of jute across the top of the planks ¼" from the curve edge. Repeat along the bottom of the planks. Mod Melt in place with Sea Glass Clear. Let dry. Flip the fence over and repeat.
- Mod Melt thin dowels every 4" of fencing with 1" hanging off bottom of the fence to stick into the Styrofoam base.
- To create an 8" L ladder, Mod Melt the straight barnwood planks every ½" down two pieces of jute.
- Flip the terra cotta pot over and cover with brown tissue paper using Mod Podge Gloss. Wrinkles help with achieving a tree trunk effect. Let dry.
- Flip the terra cotta dish over on the pot. Cover with torn green tissue paper pieces using Mod Podge Gloss. Let dry then Mod Melt the dish to the pot.
- Cover the round Styrofoam circle with moss sheeting by pinning with cut floral wire bent into "u" shapes.
- Mod Melt the moss covered circle to the top of the dish.
Get the Pattern
- Mod Melt your Fairy House and stepping stones in place.
- Attach the fence by sticking the dowels into the moss base. Cut an opening in the fence where the stepping stones meet the fence. Mod Melt the base of the fence in places to help stabilize.
- Mod Melt two pieces of vines with flowers to the outside of the fence entrance.
- Attach the ferns by sticking the dowels into the moss base. Stick the mushrooms into the base.
- Mod Melt the fairy in place and the rest of your paper flowers.
- Hang the ladder by pinning into the moss base at the fence opening.