Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Assorted glass hurricanes, Assorted wooden frames
- Prepare one wooden frame by basecoating Summer Linen. Allow to dry and reapply if needed. Allow to dry.
- Using patterning tape, mask assorted widths horizontally around the glass hurricanes. Set up spray paint kit using Yellow Gold and Gloss Medium. Spray Yellow Gold bands where desired on glass hurricanes. Allow to dry.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage bush, apply one even, smooth coat of Decoupage Finish to the surface. (I used Gloss on all surfaces.)
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the back side of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
: When decoupaging on glass, it is recommended to use the mop-type decoupage brush being careful to stroke the decoupage medium in one direction using light pressure to avoid streaky brush marks.