Glass votive, Plain scrap paper, Scissors, Birch-themed scrapbook papers, Foam paintbrush, Paper plate, Leaf ribbon, Hot glue gun, Glue sticks
- Make a template of the votive shape by wrapping scrap paper around the votive. Use a pencil to trace the upper and lower edges of the paper. Cutout the template shape. Cut the birch paper using the template.
- Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to the votive and to the back of the cut paper. Position the paper around the votive. Smooth with your fingers to remove any air-bubbles. Top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Dry for 2 hours.
- Pool Inca gold paint onto the paper plate. Turn the votive upside down and dip the top rim into the gold paint. This will create an organic gold rim around the candleholder. Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Use the Melter to glue leaf ribbon around the votive holder.
- PROJECT TIP: Add a rustic antique look by top-coating with Mod Podge Antique.