8” x 10” oval canvas Scrapbook paper – woodgrain pattern, Cardstock – coordinating colors, Die cutter or other tool for cutting the letters and numbers, Ribbon – coordinating, Ruler, Paintbrush, Pencil, Scissors, Hot glue gun
- Place your canvas face down on the back of the woodgrain paper and trace. Cut out using scissors.
- Mod Podge the paper to the canvas. Add a medium coat of Mod Podge to the front of the entire canvas and smooth. Turn the canvas over and smooth from the back as well. Let dry for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add a coat of Mod Podge to the front of the canvas and let dry.
- Paint the wood heart with Light Flesh and let dry.
- Paint the wood heart with two coats of Mega Glitter and let dry.
- Decide which letters and date you are going to on the front of the canvas–you can use the date of your first date, your marriage date or any other special day.
- Cut letters out of the cardstock using stencils or a die cutter.
- Mod Podge to the front of the canvas (I measured using the ruler).
- Attach ribbon around the edge of the canvas using hot glue.
- Attach the heart to the front of the canvas between the two letters using hot glue and let dry before hanging.