Mod Podge ® Podgeable Paper Flip Books - Nature, Terra cotta flower pot in choice of size, 12” Thin dowel, 1” x 3” Rect of scrap wood, White craft glue or hot glue, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plates, Paper towels, No. 6
- Neatly basecoat the body of the terra cotta pot Olive Green. Allow to dry and
reapply base color.
- Basecoat rim of terra cotta pot Forest Moss. Allow to dry and reapply base color.
- Basecoat dowel and rectangle wood shape Olive Green.Using scissors cut out all desired paper shapes.
- Using ¾” flat brush, apply Mod Podge to backside of each paper piece.
Flip “podged” paper over and apply to dry basecoated surface. Press in place.
Using Mod Podge squeegee holding at a 45° angle, pull squeegee toward you over
wet papers using light pressure. This will release any caught air bubbles as well as
squeeze out any excess Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Continue applying papers were desired over project surface until desired effect is
achieved. Allow to dry.
- Apply Mod Podge over the front of the paper design to be added to the back of the
rectangle acrylic shape. Allow to dry.
- Using a No. 6 flat brush, paint Forest Moss leaves on Olive Green terra cotta pot
base between “podged” butterflies. Allow to dry.
- Apply one to two additional coats of Mod Podge over the entire surface allowing
each to thoroughly dry before applying the next.
- Using writer tip of Gold Glitter Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, apply a liberal coat
over butterflies on pot. Lay pot on its side while Dimensional Magic is drying.
- Attach the acrylic shape to the wood rectangle and then to the dowel to create the
plant poke using either white craft glue or hot glue.