Wood letter of choice, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate, Fine grit sandpaper, ¾” Flat brush, White chalk, Stencil tape
- Basecoat front of letter FolkArt Multi-Surface Bright Pink. Paint sides of letter FolkArt Multi-Surface Licorice. Allow to dry.
- Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply basecoat colors. Allow to dry.
- Position Simply Scroll stencil where desired on letter and hold in place using stencil tape. It is best to allow the scrolls to “fall off” the edges of the letter.
- Load stencil brush with FolkArt Multi-Surface Licorice and stencil swirls. Allow to dry.
- When dry, brush a top coat of the clear chalkboard topcoat over the entire wood plaque. Allow to dry. Reapply a second coat; allow to dry.
- The chalkboard surface should be “conditioned” prior to using. To condition the wood letter, hold a piece of chalk on its side and chalk over the entire wood letter coating the surface with white chalk. Note: if a surface is not conditioned prior to use, you may always see a “ghost” of what was first written after it has been wiped away.
- Wipe away conditioning chalk with a paper towel and your wood letter chalkboard surface is now ready for chalk designs and messages.
Tip: Think of descriptive words like “Kutie Kate” or “Karing” “Kind” using the first letter of the person’s name when personalizing your letter in chalk.