3" x 36" Shipping tubes, White cardstock, White eyelash yarn, 7/8" Red/white/blue tri-color ribbon, 7/8" Blue and white polka dot ribbon, Blue painters tape, Hot glue, Scissors, Dowel rods, Hand saw
- With the help of an adult, cut the shipping tube into 10", 9", and 8" pieces.
- Paint the 10" tube with Award Blue, the 9" tube with Flag Red and the 8" tube with White.
- Stencil the stars on the large tube with White.
- Tape off small stripes on the medium tube and paint White.
- Tape a 4" section of the small tube and paint the outside with Flag Red. Stencil the large heart with Award Blue and the letters with White.
- Cut three 6" circles from the cardstock and paint one with Flag Red and two with Award Blue. Paint the front and the back.
- Once the paint is dry, cut a slit to the center of the circle. Overlap the paper to create a cone and hot glue in place. Trim off the excess paper. Hot glue the paper cone to the top of the painted tube pieces.
- Cut stripes of ribbon and yarn and hot glue inside the bottom of the tube.
- Cut the dowel rods to the desired length and paint with Award Blue and Flag Red. Add some hot glue to the dowel rod and glue inside the tube. With leftover cardstock or white copy paper, pack the paper around the dowel rod to keep it in place.