Foam paintbrush, Paper towel, Papier-mâché Box, Papier-mâché skull, Old book pages, Hot glue, Lace, Feathers, Paper flowers, Halloween embellishments, Pleated ribbon
- Paint the base of the box with a foam paintbrush and black paint. Dampen the paper towel and scrunch into a ball. Dip the ball into leaf green paint, tap off the excess and tap onto the top of the box.
- Tear the book pages into small squares. Coat the back and front of the papers with Mod Podge, position onto the skull, smooth any air bubbles with your finger and top coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Continue adding more papers until the entire skull is covered. Allow to Dry.
- Hot glue the skull to the top center of the box. Hot glue a strip of lace to form a veil on the skull. Add feathers, flowers and other embellishments.
- Make a paper template: Wrap a piece of scrap paper around the votive holder. Use a pencil to trace the shape of the votive onto the paper. Remove the paper and trim along the penciled lines. Use this template to cut out the same shape from the Halloween themed paper.
- Coat the back and front of the paper with Mod Podge, position onto the votive holder, smooth any air bubbles with your finger and top coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Allow to Dry.
- Using hot glue, attach ribbon around the votive holder and embellishments to the front of the candle holder.