#8 Filbert brush, #6 Round brush, 18x20 Black frame, 18x20 Piece of plywood, Quilter’s batting, 1 yd Black and white polka dot fabric, ?” Green satin ribbon, ¼ yd Turquoise fabric, 5 Fabric button covers, Staple gun, Hot glue gun, Transfer paper, Pencil or stylus
- Cover the precut piece of plywood with batting. Cover with fabric and staple to the back of the plywood.
- Transfer the pattern to the fabric.
- Paint pattern as shown in the photo. Outline the leaves, frog and lily pad with Metallic Peridot paint.
- Add accents to the dragonfly using Metallic Silver. Allow to dry completely.
- Staple a piece of ribbon to the back of the plywood in thecorner and stretch diagonally to the opposite corner, staple to the back. Repeat with other corners. Staple where the ribbons cross in the center.
- Still working in a diagonal design, measure the center top, bottom and sides of the piece of plywood. Staple a piece of ribbon to the back at the top center. Stretch to the center side and staple to the back. Adding three more ribbons, repeat for all sides. Staple where the ribbons cross.
- Cover the fabric button covers with the turquoise fabric following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Using the glue gun, attach the button covers where the ribbon crosses.
- Attach the frame to the completed memory board.