- Three (3) large white ceramic mugs
- Craft knife
- Paper towels
- Container for water
- Refer to the Basic Stenciling Tips for information on using Martha Stewart Stencils.
- Prewash all glassware and ceramics in warm soapy water prior to decorating. Rinse well and dry.
- Wipe over cleaned surface with a rubbing alcohol moistened paper towel to further remove impurities and possible soap residue.
Love You Latte Coffee Mug
- Using stencil tape, tape off center horizontal section of mug as shown.
- Paint the stripe and handle Caribbean Blue using a small pouncer. Let dry.
- Score along the tape edge with a craft knife before removing the tape. Carefully lift to remove tape.
- Stencil “Love You Latte” Wedding Cake using a small dauber.
TIP: When stenciling on basecoated glass. DO NOT remove the stencil from the backing paper as the strong adhesive my pull the non-cured paint from the mug. Instead, lightly tape or hold the stencil in place as you stencil the design.
Treats Coffee Mug
- Randomly stencil a treat designs around mug using Party Streamer and Poodle Skirt. Keep the top 1” rim of the mug free of paint. In other words, do not stencil close to the lip line.
- Let dry completely.
Espresso Yourself Coffee Mug
- Using stencil tape, mask off two horizontal stripes as shown.
- With a small pouncer, paint both the stripes and handle Meyer Lemon. Let dry.
- Score along the tape edge with craft knife before removing tape. Carefully remove the tape.
- Stencil “Espresso Yourself” Vanilla Bean using a small dauber. Allow to dry.
- Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use before the paint dries.
- Cleaned stencils should be stored on the backer sheet for future use.
- Allow your painted glass project to dry for at least 24 hours before using the bake-to-cure method to enhance your project’s durability.