White plastic eggs, Brush basin or container for water, Foam plates or waxed palette, Paper towels, Small craft sticks, and Foam block
- Prepare white plastic eggs by inserting the wood craft stick at the base of each egg. This will provide a handle to hold onto while decorating the egg.
- Basecoat each egg with a complementary color, either FolkArt Color Shift or FolkArt Brushed Metals acrylic paint using a large flat brush and allow to dry.
- After painting, insert the wood stick handle into a Styrofoam block to hold the basecoated egg upright, allowing it to dry.
- Next, using the same large brush or a large spouncer, apply the color-coordinating FolkArt Glitterific paint. If brushing, "lay" the paint down using a 45° angle while applying Glitterific. If spouncing, dab or spounce Glitterific first with a light coat. Then, add additional coats of Glitterific until the desired glitter effect is achieved.
- Note: A light application of Glitterific will allow the basecoat color to show through. Additional applications of Glitterific will provide a dense glittery effect over the entire egg.
- Allow to dry upright on the Styrofoam block.
- Remove the wood craft stick, then decorate!