Halloween Faces Paper Cut-outs (item #33452), Scissors or Craft knife, Paper towels, Assorted pumpkins in a variety of sizes
Note: You can find the Martha Stewart Halloween Faces Paper Cut-outs exclusively at Michaels stores.
- If a white pumpkin is desired, prepare pumpkin by basecoating Wedding Cake Satin. Allow to dry and reapply.
- Prepare paper cut-outs by removing them from carrier sheet. If desired, cut excess background away using scissors or a craft knife.
- Using a soft bristle decoupage brush, apply one even, smooth coat of Gloss Decoupage Finish to the surface.
- Apply a second smooth, even application of decoupage finish to the backside of the paper cut-out.
- Apply the decoupage paper to the surface positioning finish to finish. Press paper cut-out onto the surface, smoothing from the center towards the edges of the cut-out. This will remove trapped air pockets and excess decoupage finish. Wipe away excess finish with damp paper towel.
- Continue adding paper cut-out to the surface until the entire decoupage design is achieved.
- Once in place and smooth, allow to dry 2 hours.
- When completely dry, brush a smooth application of decoupage finish over the entire surface being sure to seal all edges of the paper. Allow to dry 2 hours.
- Brush a second coat of decoupage finish over the entire surface and allow to dry 2 hours. NOTE: If decoupage item will serve a purpose other than decorative only, a third top application of decoupage finish may be required.
- Project surface should be cured prior to using. Air dry project for 21 days to cure.
: Try using Martha Stewart Crafts Glow in the Dark Decoupage Finish for a spooky Halloween finish!