Ceramic mugs, Wood canvas panel, Brush basin or container for water, foam plates, paper towels rubbing alcohol, Pencil, Tracing paper, ruler, Fine grit sandpaper, ¾” Flat brush
1. Thoroughly wash ceramic mugs with mild soap and water. Dry and wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
2. Select stencil frame design and alphabet letters to be used to create label. Trace stencils on paper to create a pattern to use as a placement template when spacing actual stencils onto ceramic mug.
3. Tape first stencil in place. Load a Spouncer with desired color and begin stenciling using a straight up and down dabbing motion until entire area is opaque in color. Remove stencil and allow paint to dry before placing next stencil. Repeat until your design is complete.
4. Refer to FolkArt Enamels bottle for complete curing instructions.
5. Basecoat wood canvas panel Wicker White using ¾” flat brush. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply basecoat. Allow to dry.
6. Tape stencil in place. Load a 3/8” stencil brush with paint color; dab excess paint from brush onto paper towel and begin stenciling using a straight up and down dabbing motion over area to be stenciled. Allow to dry.
7. Project Tip: Add interest by stenciling each section of frame a different color.