Delta Ceramcoat ® Acrylic Paint - Glitter Ice, 2 oz. - 03001, Delta Ceramcoat ® Select Multi-Surface Acrylic Paint - Satin - True Turquoise, 2 oz. - 04020, Three (3) glass light bulb jars, Small wood tags, Palette paper or foam plate, Brush basin or container for water, Paper towels, No. 10 flat brush & No. 1 liner brush, Stylus, E6000 glue, Black transfer paper, Tracing paper, Hot glue gun & glue sticks, Decorative edge scissors, White cardstock, Rubbing alcohol, Lint-free cloth, White craft glue, Three (3) pieces of fleece measuring 6” x 3.5”, Snowflake buttons, 7” ⅛” ribbon, Nine (9) 8mm rhinestones, Three (3) 6mm rhinestones, Six (6) ¾” buttons, Six (6) 3/8” buttons
- Clean glass surfaces using soap and water; rinse well and allow to dry thoroughly. Moisten a lint-free cloth with rubbing alcohol; wipe exterior of washed glass to remove remaining dirt, grease or soap residue.
- Gently shake paint before adding to palette. Paint design using a lot of paint on your brush. Basecoat owl tummies using a No. 10 flat brush with a mix of White plus a touch of Classic Blue.
- Basecoat the owl bodies and wood tags as follows:
- 1 set – True Turquoise
- 1 set - Classic Blue plus a touch of True Turquoise
- 1 set - White (2 parts) plus Classic Blue (1 part)
- Using the No. 1 Liner brush, paint three long comma strokes on each side of the tummy and add small brushstrokes around the eyes as follows:
- Turquoise owl – Dark Blue mix for brushstrokes
- Dark blue owl – White for brushstrokes
- Light blue owl – True Turquoise brushstrokes
- Paint Orange Soda beaks using the No. 1 Liner brush. Allow to dry and cure.
- Print the tag sayings. Spray seal with Mod Podge Matte Spray Sealer.
- Using the decorative edge scissors, cut around the sayings and size to fit the tags.
- Decoupage paper saying to wood tag using Mod Podge Matte.
- Lay the 6” x 3 ½” section of fleece face down onto work surface.
- Fold up 1 ¼” along one short side and glue in place using hot glue.
- Turn the fleece over face up. Create the band around the hat. Turn up a ¾” fold the length of the fleece and glue.
- Adhere the hat to the jar lid using hot glue.
- Tie 1/8” double satin ribbon near the top of the hat.
- Create fringe at the top of the hat by cutting straight down to the bow.
- Tie the wood tag to the ribbon at the top of the hat, then tie a bow. If desired, trim the ribbon tails.
- Brush a coat of Glitter Ice on all snowflake buttons.
- After painted glassware has been cured, embellish with small buttons and rhinestones using E6000 adhesive.
- Bake to Cure: Allow painted glassware one hour (or longer) to dry. Be sure all layers of paint have dried. Place glassware in a cool oven. Set oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do NOT place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn the oven off. Let glass cool completely in oven. Once baked to cure, do not wash for 72 hours. Cured glassware can be washed by hand or on the top rack of dishwasher.
- Air Dry Method: Air dry painted glassware for 21 days before use.
- Be patient when painting on glass: allow ample dry time between paint applications; otherwise, the partially wet paint may be moved around. For best results, allow at least a couple hours (preferably overnight) between coats.
- Never use a brush wet with water when painting on glassware as it may break down the adhesive properties of the paint. Always use a paper towel to pull color from the brush when switching paint colors.
- Do not paint on glassware where the painted design may come in contact with food. On glasses or mugs, paint ¾" below lip line.
- Painted glassware should be cured to the surface before washing.
- Painted glassware should never be left to soak in water.
- Painted glassware is not microwaveable.