Paper mache ornament, 2mm black foam sheet, 3/16” wood dowel, 2 – ½” wood beads, ¼” & 1/8” hole punches, 3/8” black and white polka dot ribbon, ¼” & ½” flat brush, #1 liner brush, Black floss, Needle, Ultra fine black marker, White craft glue, Scissors, Craft knife and blades or pencil sharpener, Transfer paper, Ruler, Palette knife
Get the Pattern
- Transfer hat pattern to black foam and cut out. Apply several coats of Black Extreme Glitter with flat brush. When dry, stitch together two ends of hat with floss to create tube. Put one edge of hat inside circle of brim and glue. Finish with polka dot ribbon band.
- Basecoat wood beads and top and bottom sections of ornament Wicker White. Refer to photo for rest of color placement.
- Cut 1” of wood dowel and sharpen end either in pencil sharpener or with craft knife to create carrot nose. Paint Pure Orange and apply black lines with marker.
- Create a hole in top part of ornament large enough for flat end of dowel "nose". Insert and secure with white craft glue.
- Cut 2 1 ½” sections of wood dowel. Sharpen one end of both. Paint as shown.
- Use a palette knife or brush to apply texture paint to snow areas: wood beads, top and bottom parts of ornament.
- Glue bead to ends of dowel "arms”. Create holes in sides of body, insert arms and secure with white craft glue.
- From the black foam punch out two 1/8” dots using larger hole punch (for eyes) and seven dots with smaller punch (for mouth). Using opposite end of brush, apply white dots to eyes, then two smaller black dots as shown. Glue to face.
- Create hanger with black floss and needle. Attach to hat and glue hat onto head.
- Paint snowflake to front of ornament and apply orange dots with opposite end of brush.