- FolkArt ® Painting Stencils - Laser - Words/Phrases - Inspirations, #30742
- 4” x 17” Wood frame
- Sheet of scrapbook paper (My Minds Eye 29th Street Market Peaceful Dream)
- Brush basin or container for water
- Paper towels
- ¾” Flat brush
- Fine grit sandpaper
- Basecoat wood frame Seamist using a ¾” Flat brush. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply basecoat. Allow to dry.
- Using Inspiration Stencil, select the inspirational words and/or phrases you want and stencil in Greenscape around the border of the frame. Allow to dry.
- Using stencil brush loaded with thinned Deep Tomato Red, speckle the frame and around the words. Allow to dry.
- Measure and cut strips of the scrapbook paper. My paper was a two sided design so I chose to use both sides of the paper and flip every other strip. Adhere each strip of paper to the backing board using Matte Mod Podge. Allow to dry 10 – 15 minutes.
- When dry, brush a coat of Matte Mod Podge over the entire backing of decoupaged paper stripes. Allow to dry.
- Stencil Deep Tomato Red Scroll Stencil over the dry decoupaged paper backing.
- When dry, assemble the backing on the frame.
Tip: When decoupaging the backing board, be creative and try something different. Perhaps decoupage squares, or a patchwork design. Or to keep it simple, perhaps use gift wrap in one piece as long as your frame. I pieced my design as I was working with 12” x 12” pieces of scrapbook paper which were shorter than the 17” wood frame. mist using a ¾” Flat brush. Allow to dry. Sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply basecoat. Allow to dry.