Wooden gazebo birdhouse, Paper towel, Fine-tooth sandpaper, FolkArt #WM34123 Stencil Crème set (available exclusively at Walmart), Plaid #34029 5/8" Stencil brush (available exclusively at Walmart), Plaid #30903 Stencil Pack (available exclusively at Walmart)
- Wipe the entire surface to be stenciled with a damp cloth to remove dust.
- Basecoat the entire birdhouse white and leave to dry.
- Lightly sand so the surface is smooth and wipe clean.
- Swirl the stencil brush around in the green Folk Art Stencil Crème, blot excess paint onto a paper towel so you have an evenly loaded brush (no globs of paint in bristles).
- Lay the leaf stencil over a section of the roof.
- Apply paint in the stencil openings in an up and down, swirling motion. Remove stencil and leave to dry. Repeat in each section of the roof to create a continuous leaf pattern.