Styrofoam ball 3”, Paper mache box, Wood candlestick 1 7/8” x 1 ¾”, Black fine point marker, Assorted color gems 1mm, Orange gems .5mm, Flat wood discs ¾”, Glue, Stapler, Yellow foam sheet 2mm, Liner brush #1, Stencil brush ¼”, Round brush #4, Flat brush ½”, Scissors, Transfer paper, Ruler
Get the Pattern
- Paint Styrofoam ball Antique White or Chestnut. Insert brush handle
into ball to hold while painting. Be sure to keep hole at bottom of head when
adding face details later.
- Paint two wood discs Antique White or Chestnut.
- Paint wood candlestick Wicker White, Pure Gold and Purple as
shown. When dry, apply Purple glitter. Using liner brush, add black details on
- Paint bottom of box Patina and lid Wicker White. Apply
several coats of Aqua glitter to bottom when dry.
- Push wood discs into both sides of head and glue for ears.
- Using ears as reference, paint hair in either Chestnut or
Black with round brush.
- Using extremely dry stencil brush, apply cheeks with Bright
Red. Use liner brush for face details and opposite end of brush dipped in paint
- Paint an area approximately 9” x 3” Pure Gold on yellow
foam. When dry, apply Gold glitter.
- Transfer crown pattern to foam and cut out. Trim to fit
around head and staple ends together to close.
- Glue gems around crown as shown.
- Write words onto lid of box and glue on small gem at
beginning and end of phrase.
- Glue pieces together to finish. Glue crown to head.