FolkArt ® Easy to Paint Rub-On Patterns - Butterflies #5202, Stretched canvas 11” x 14”, Flat brush ¼” – ½”, Liner brush #1, Round brush #4 -6, Tape, Ruler, Pencil, Oval or square decorative frame, Gold charm, Glue, Paper towels, Brush basin, Burnisher or craft stick
- Base coat canvas Butter Pecan.
- Place book or hard surface under canvas to provide a firm surface for transferring pattern.
- Transfer flowers to canvas as shown.
- Measure and tape off an approximate ¼” border around canvas leaving more room at top edge. Paint Linen and remove tape.
- Lay frame over border at center top and trace opening. Paint Dark Brown. In a slip slap pattern, apply crackle medium and let dry.
- Apply Graffiti Pink over crackle medium in same manner. Cracks will appear as paint dries.
- Draw letters with stencil and paint Dark Brown.
- Paint flowers as shown referring to pattern instructions for painting techniques. Use liner brush to paint extra vines curing around border.
- Glue frame to canvas. Attach charm inside frame where desired.